The power of AI to ensure equity in healthcare
On September 23, 2021, on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly, Community Jameel co-hosted a seminar with the MIT Jameel Clinic and Wellcome Trust at freuds' Goals House in New York and London.
The session was moderated by Miriam Sabin, senior editor at The Lancet, with a stellar list of speakers:
- Regina Barzilay, AI faculty lead at the MIT Jameel Clinic and the MIT School of Engineering Distinguished Professor for AI and Health
- Edson Amaro Jr, head of the Big Data Initiative at the Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein in São Paulo
- Dina Katabi, professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at @Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Najat Khan, chief data science officer and global head of strategy and operations, Janssen Research and Development
- Ziad Obermeyer, associate professor at the UC Bekeley School of Public Health
Opening remarks were delivered by George Richards, director of Community Jameel, and Tariq Khokhar, head of Data for Science and Health at the Wellcome Trust.