Future Resilience Forum 2023: Resilient food and health systems
As part of the Future Resilience Forum 2023, Community Jameel is convening a panel discussion titled 'Resilient food and health systems'.
The panel will be moderated by George Richards, director, Community Jameel and includes:
- Jean Yves Ollivier, president, Brazzaville Foundation
- Katharina Hauck, deputy director, Jameel Institute for Disease and Emergency Analytics
- Geoff Simm, co-director, Jameel Observatory for Early Action Food Security
- Jane Burston, founder and CEO, Clean Air Fund
- Saida Muna Tasneem, Bangladesh High Commissioner to the United Kingdom
In this session, we will discuss the context of global security challenges, specifically climate change and the convergence of food security and health security emerging as a central concern, requiring collaborative efforts and innovative solutions. Looking ahead to COP28 in Dubai, this panel seeks to underscore the importance of proactive approaches and global collaboration in building interconnected resilient systems. With a sharp focus on security imperatives, we examine challenges and gaps faced by these systems, global efforts, financing gaps, and spaces for partnerships.