Terms of website use
This website provides brief information and an overview about Abdul Latif Jameel Community initiatives International Limited, ("Community Jameel").
The term “Community Jameel” refers to several distinct, separate and independent legal entities. Community Jameel is not itself a corporate entity, association or conglomerate run by an overarching parent company but merely refers to a group of distinct and wholly separate legal entities that are collectively referred to as Community Jameel.
The term “Abdul Latif Jameel” refers broadly to several distinct, separate and independent legal entities whose interests encompass car import and distribution, heavy equipment, consumer financing, consumer goods, real estate, environmental services and energy. Abdul Latif Jameel is not itself a corporate entity, association or conglomerate run by an overarching parent company but merely refers to a group of distinct and wholly separate legal entities that are collectively referred to as Abdul Latif Jameel. Abdul Latif Jameel is not a corporate group as defined in section 1161(5) of the Companies Act 2006
The CJ Website is a website owned and operated by Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited, a company registered in United Kingdom and whose registered office is 15 Esplanade St Helier Jersey JE1 1RB, Channel Islands, UK (“Company”).
The Company has sole responsibility for the content included on the CJ Website.
Information about Community Jameel
For any enquiries related to any particular entity mentioned on the CJ Website or for any specific enquiries related to Community Jameel interests please email email@example.com
The actual corporate arrangements of the companies permitted under licence to display the name and logo of Community Jameel is complex and varied. Such corporate arrangements are not intended to be, nor are dealt with in detail via the information on the CJ Website. The information is provided as an approximate guide only.
Other applicable terms
- Accessibility Policy Accessibility Policy , which sets out the availability of the CJ Website to users with special needs.
Accessing and using the CJ Website
It is not guaranteed that the CJ Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the CJ Website is permitted on a temporary “as is” basis. All or any part of the CJ Website, without notice, may be suspended, withdrawn, discontinued or changed. Community Jameel will not be liable to you if for any reason the CJ Website is unavailable (temporarily or permanently) at any time or for any period.
You may use the CJ Website only for lawful purposes. You acknowledge and agree you may not use the CJ Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards (see below).
- To post advertisements or to promote third party websites.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to advrsely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also acknowledge and agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the CJ Website in contravention of the provisions of these terms of website use.
- Not to direct web traffic away from the CJ Website.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the CJ Website;
- any equipment (including any server) or network on which the CJ Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the CJ Website;
- any server, computer or database connected to the CJ Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
The Company does not guarantee that the CJ Website will be secure or free from bugs, viruses or other technologically harmful material. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes, software and platform in order to access the CJ Website in a manner you deem appropriate and secure. You should use your own virus protection software.
Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and there is a risk, therefore, that any message or information sent via the CJ Website should be treated as non-confidential and may be intercepted and potentially read by others. Community Jameel will have no liability to you in respect of any transmissions you send to it and you do so entirely at your own risk.
Intellectual property rights and using the content of the CJ Website
The Company is the owner or the licensee of the CJ Website, all content of the CJ Website, all the material published on the CJ Website, any Community Jameel newsletter, updates, e-shots and emails and any Community Jameel social media or informational updates and/or postings (“Content”), and all intellectual property rights in the Content. The Content is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are fully reserved by the Company.
Community Jameel and Abdul Latif Jameel businesses own rights throughout the world in various trade marks (registered and unregistered), service marks, graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names (“ALJ Trade Marks”)
Any unauthorised use of any of the ALJ Trade Marks will constitute a violation of Community Jameel and Abdul Latif Jameel rights in these Trade Marks. Your use of the CJ Website grants you no right or licence to reproduce or otherwise use any BRJ, or Abdul Latif Jameel Trade Marks or third party trademarks.
Any copying or downloading of any Content will not transfer title to that Content to you nor grant you any licence to use that Content for non-personal purposes. You must not use any part of the Content for non-personal purposes, such as commercial purposes, without obtaining a prior written licence to do so from the Company, which will be granted in the Company’s absolute discretion.
You must not exploit the whole or part of any Content without the Company’s prior written permission (to be determined in its absolute discretion) including (but not limited to):
- you must not modify copies of any Content you have printed off or downloaded in any way;
- you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text;
- you must not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from copied or downloaded Content;
- you must not use the Content in any way which is fraudulent or unlawful;
- you must not rely on the Content as being entirely accurate, complete or up to date; and/or
Where the CJ Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. The Company has, unless explicitly indicated otherwise, no control over the content of those sites or resources and has no rights in the content of those sites or in the resources. The Company assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the CJ Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by Community Jameel of those linked websites.
You must not link to the CJ Website home page without the Company’s prior written permission to be determined in its absolute discretion. The CJ Website must not be framed on any other site.
In the event you are granted prior written permission to link to the CJ Website home page, you must:
- only link to the CJ Website home page;
- only link in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage the Company’s and/or Community Jameel’s reputation nor takes advantage of that reputation;
- not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on the part of Community Jameel where none exists;
- not establish a link to the CJ Website in any website not owned by you; and
- ensure the website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content Standards (see below).
The Company reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The content standards below ("Content Standards") apply to any and all material which you contribute to the CJ Website ("Contribution"), and to any Interactive Services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the Content Standards. The Content Standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the England and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Contain profanity or other material which would upset or offend others.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, culture, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by Abdul Latif Jameel or any of its businesses, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Engage in spam, malware, phishing or what may constitute spamming based on the latest tricks or tactics of spammers.
Suspension and termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent suspension and/or withdrawal of your right to use the CJ Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the CJ Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities.
To report and alleged violation of the Content Standards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No reliance on information
The CJ Website provides brief information and an overview about Community Jameel. The CJ Website provides no information which can be used for investment and/or transactional decisions. The Content is provided for information only and is of a general and approximate nature and it is not intended to amount to, nor is, information or advice on which you should rely. In particular the Content does not constitute professional, financial or investment advice. Professional or specialist advice should be obtained before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the Content.
In providing information about Community Jameel, the Company is not acting, nor is it seeking to act, as a broker or dealer in respect of any securities of any companies or the information concerning such companies.
It is not guaranteed that the CJ Website, or any content on it, will be free from errors, inaccuracies or omissions. It is your responsibility to check any Content is accurate and/or complete.
The CJ Website may be updated from time to time, and may change the Content at any time. Although the Company makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the CJ Website, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the Content is accurate, complete or up-to-date. Please note the Company is under no obligation to update the Content.
Nothing on the CJ Website should be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any other transaction, or to provide any investment advice or service.
Local regulatory restrictions
The CJ Website is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of nationality, residence or otherwise) the access to or availability of the CJ Website is prohibited or which would be subject to any restriction, including registration or other requirements within such jurisdiction. We reserve the right to limit access to the CJ Website to any such persons. Persons who access the CJ Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws and regulations. If in doubt, you should seek independent legal advice.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY USER FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH:
- USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE CJ WEBSITE;
- USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT DISPLAYED ON, OR MATERIAL PROVIDED VIA, THE CJ WEBSITE;
- USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT DISPLAYED ON, OR MATERIAL PROVIDED VIA, WEBSITES LINKED TO THE CJ WEBSITE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE CONTENT;
- LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A VIRUS, DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE CJ WEBSITE OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT, OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT OR MATERIAL ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT; OR
- USE BY A PERSON IN A JURISDICTION WHERE THE ACCESS TO OR AVAILABILITY OF THE CJ WEBSITE IS PROHIBITED OR SUBJECT TO ANY RESTRICTION.
IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS USER, PLEASE NOTE THE CJ WEBSITE IS PROVIDED FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND IN ADDITION COMMUNITY JAMEEL ALSO WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
- LOSS OF PROFITS, SALES, BUSINESS, OR REVENUE;
- BUSINESS INTERRUPTION;
- LOSS OF DATA;
- LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
- LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; OR
- ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
THE CJ WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND ARE GIVEN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN RESPECT OF THE CJ WEBSITE, ALL CONTENT OF THE CJ WEBSITE AND IN THE MATERIAL PUBLISHED ON THE CJ WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE CONTENT. SPECIFICALLY, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMMUNITY JAMEEL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT:
- YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE CJ WEBSITE OR THAT IT WILL CONTINUE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE IN ITS CURRENT OR ANY OTHER FORM;
- THE CONTENT ON THE CJ WEBSITE OR THE MATERIAL AVAILABLE VIA THE CJ WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE CONTENT, IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR UP-TO-DATE; NOR
- THE CJ WEBSITE OR ANY SOFTWARE OR MATERIAL OF WHATSOEVER NATURE AVAILABLE ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM IT WILL BE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR DEFECTS, COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT OR FIT FOR ANY PURPOSE.
Children aged under 16
If you are under 16, you must ask your parent or a guardian before you:
- email the CJ Website or submit an enquiry
- make a Contribution
- ask Community Jameel to email anything to you; or
- send any information to Community Jameel.
By continuing to use the CJ Website and any of the services offered by it, you are confirming you have received the informed consent of your parent or a legal guardian.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or use the enquiry form available on the CJ Website.